#31) The Adventure of the Red Circle by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
This was a great story that was a reminder of the importance of loyalty. We, in today's world, often will turn our backs on our oaths. Whereas here, this oath lead to death, cross-continental chases, through generations, to ensure payback. Keep your promises people!
#32) The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Enjoyed this particular story because Holmes played a stronger role, and there was activity on the European continent. It was quite the adventure to leave the streets of 19th century London to read and almost be able to smell and taste the sights of the Paris.
#33) The Adventure of the Dying Detective by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
This was a great story that was a reminder of the importance of loyalty. We, in today's world, often will turn our backs on our oaths. Whereas here, this oath lead to death, cross-continental chases, through generations, to ensure payback. Keep your promises people!
#32) The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Enjoyed this particular story because Holmes played a stronger role, and there was activity on the European continent. It was quite the adventure to leave the streets of 19th century London to read and almost be able to smell and taste the sights of the Paris.
#33) The Adventure of the Dying Detective by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Nothing remarkable to speak on regarding these two stories. Although I would like to note that despite reading so many Sherlock Holmes stories, I did not happen upon the one that was most recently released in the theaters. Strange how that happens.
#35) World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks (5 out of 5)
Awesome. Besides just being a book about zombies, it also can be read as a social commentary on what aspects we find of value in our modern society and how disconnected they are from the tangible realities of what we need as human beings to survive.
With those books, I exceeded my new year's resolution in reading for 2011. I'm glad I made it, because I was really cutting it close in those last few months of reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment