#21) Allan and the Holy Flower by Henry Rider Haggard
Good book about an adventurer in the 1800s who travels to Africa in search of a Holy Flower. There are several surprising twists and turns. And the way the author writes about encounters with Arab Slave traders is fascinating to get in the head of the times. I want to read additional stories by this author.#22) Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
What a fun read! Of course I know the story from the cartoon, as well as the new version with Johnny Depp. But it was such a different experience to read the story. I never would have suspected that the story was so short.#23) The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
This was a delightful read in order to think about what are the things that makes a group of individuals turn into a team. It really helped me focus on what I am doing to hurt, rather than help, the team that I am on. My biggest fault? I think of people as individuals rather than focusing on how to strengthen the collective. A slightly different take. Now, the need is to figure out why I default in that fashion.
#24) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
I love, love, love Sherlock Holmes. Strangely, reading this book made me want to watch the television show and hope that there will be more versions of the movie coming out. Unlike the Tolstoy book, I totally understand why this set of books are classics! Many thanks to Dean for telling me about the read. I believe my original goal was to read 34 books in the 2011 calendar year. I better get moving if I want to make this goal!
This is almost like my book list....except for the fact that I'm sure you read yours.
ReplyDelete